Thursday 2 December 2010

Jesus is the Reason for the Season

{Please scroll down for my Hoppin into the Hols with The Greeting Farm post
and also my first INKY Impressions Inkette
post}

Welcome and thanks for stopping in today as we celebrate the Good News of the birth of Jesus!
We are a small band of blogging crafters who love God and wanted to stop and take time to focus on the real meaning of Christmas :D If you came here from the lovely Paola then you are in the right place.. if not please start this hop at Heather's blog!!

I've been wanting a good image to use for Christmas cards and so when I saw Lori's gorgeous Nativity Puddle Jumpers I had to jump straight onto her site and snap them up... Here is the card I have made for this hop to Celebrate Jesus' birth ... The paper I used is the gorgeous Cosmo Cricket - Mitten Weather and I coloured the image with my Copics!


We have some awesome sponsors for this hop and I have listed them (along with the prizes) below... (THANKS!!!)
Fresh Brewed Designs: 4 Christmas/Faith digital images plus 2 of winner's choice
Simply Betty Stamps: Jude & His Shenanigans Crew Christmas Collection (6 digital images)
The Stamping Boutique: 2 Faith digital images plus 4 images of winner's choice.

3 winners will be chosen (one for each store prize above) from comments on select blogs, but it is a secret as to which blogs the winning comments will be chosen from - so make sure you leave a comment on ALL the blogs in the hop! Here is the complete list....


I was delighted when Catherine asked me to join in this hop as to me Christmas is all about celebrating the birth of our great Saviour - giving thanks for the most awesome gift that we could ever receive - the gift God has given us in Jesus Christ! Now it might seem strange that we are excited about the birth of this man so long ago... so what?? The thing is that is really amazing that Jesus... who was GOD ... was born as a human... that he suffered and died... taking the punishment that we all deserve for rejecting God as the ruler of our lives... but that he did not stay dead... that he was raised to life again... destroying death and enabling us to have life - in relationship with God FOREVER! Praise God for his great love and mercy!!!

I would like to offer a little candy to you today and what I'm offering is 2 rubber Stamps from Spesch stamps :D Just leave me a comment below with your email so I can contact you if you win!!

There are more people keen to join in this hop and if you would like to join us and share your CHRISTmas creations - please link up your creations on Catherine's blog (the last stop)!! There will be an additional prize for someone from that list who joins with us in creating something to celebrate Jesus' birth!!

NOW please hop on over to Stacy's blog - HERE!!


35 comments:

  1. Your Mary & Joseph are adorable. Now I know why you picked them. Cute card.
    Angela
    Simple Creations
    simplecreations@ live.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card. I love this image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is Charming! Thanks so much for sharing. AJ aj_822@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute image! Great card!

    spunkycrayon at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card, and thank you for sharing your faith!! God is so good to us, and it is wonderful to be reminded to celebrate HIM this Christmas (and always!).
    *smiles and God bless!*
    debbi
    hockman1(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yipee!!! I'm so excited to see your card...it makes me smile all over!! Love these PJ's and so excited that you've used them for your card on this fabulous hop! Hugs and Merry Christmas, Sammi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is an adorable card Sammi! I love Lori's PJs, beautifully colored too!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is very cute; you've colored it wonderfully. Did the sentiments come with the stamps?
    trina.willis at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card especially since I haven't seen this image before. I guess some shopping is due! Your coloring is fabulous, and your color choices really help to accent the images even more. Thanks for helping to remind people about the true reason for this season!
    grandma_lee_t AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card!! I LOVE the Navitity stamp and how you colored the image.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGoodness....that image is so adorable!! GREAT card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card. It is adorable. New follower here. Thanks for sharing the true reason for all seasons.
    tabitha4cm at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card!! LOVE it!!! :D You did a great job! And thanks for the giveaway!

    Amanda
    tandjstudios(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, your card is so adorable! I love it :)
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW Sammi!!! This stamp is adorable and your card just fabulous!!!
    Hugs, Giò

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable card!! Love that image. Very nice of your sponsors to give for this hop =) Hope you all have a very blessed Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a delightful idea for a blog hop! You ladies are wonderful! I absolutely ADORE this image! Your card is simply precious! Thanks for sharing your talents and your testimony! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a sweet and adorable card to celebrate the Reason for the Season! The image is super cute and your coloring is beautiful! I like that you chose to use non-traditional colors, and the gold ribbon is a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is just beautiful, Sammi! Colored and embellished to perfection, it's full of beautiful inspiration!

    Hugs,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an adorable card and image. Your colors and coloring are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a sweet image. Thank you for the inspiring blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yay I've been waiting for this hop since I saw it on your sidebar :-) Love the image and your colouring-in as always :-) Definitely going to have to add my own cards to this hop.... ;-)

    Email: ginoak at gmail dot com
    http://ginoakdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Adorable stamp and beautiful card. I'm enjoying all of the Reason For The Season projects on the this hop.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sammi! OMGosh I just LOVE this card! Lori's image is just sooooo adorable, and you colored it so gorgeously! I love the colors & papers you used, and that gold ribbon is yummy!
    Thank you so much for being part of this! I love how God works, introducing us through the Oh, Alice DT. Who would have thought that two sisters in faith would meet that way? What a blessing! (((((HUGS)))))

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sammi,

    I really, really like your card, and I showed it to my DGD, who is at work with me this is one of her favorites

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your Mary and Joseph are adorable cute card
    Rebecca Minor
    buzzybeedesigns(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, I thought I had already commented? Sorry! Your card is beautiful , I love the image with the colors you have used! You may end up with two comments from me! Ack I am way to tired to be doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh this is as cute as it gets!! What a wonderful holiday card with the sweetest image - wonderfully done! Have a blessed CHRIST-mas season and New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  29. awww Sammi!...this card of yours is ohh sooo totally adorable!!!!
    Love love loveeee the image U used and your coloring is flawless!!
    what a beautiful way to start such gret hop! *tfs*
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sammi this is adorable. Wonderful image and fabulous coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is tooooo cute!!! The most favorite of all Lori's digis for me! What a sweet and fun, yet touching and beautiful card.

    I am so honored to have shared this blog hop with you and to be able to spread the love of Christ to others.

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh, how sweet! I love your card! It is adorable and so fun!!!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some love - I love to read your comments and to come and see your blogs too!
xxx