Thursday 14 February 2013

Faith, Hope, Love - Art journal page

Good morning friends!! Today I have something different to share... Back to the fun of Art journaling! hehe... yes we are seeing a few different things going on here now... Cards, Smashing, Art journaling... they all involve colour and creativity tho hehe!!! 

so my art journal page ... began like this

and evolved to this....

so.... today is apparently Valentines day!! the day of LOVE??? Let me tell you what I think about LOVE?? I think there are two passages from the bible that sum up LOVE perfectly ... Firstly LOVE is about immense sacrifice and secondly everything is futile without love - Read the 1 Corinthians passage to see more about the nature of LOVE.. what it is and isn't!!

1 John 4:7-12  
Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.

1 Corinthians 13: 1 -13
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient and fkind; love does not envy or boast; it his not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.
So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

I am very thankful that I have a living example of Christ's love in my wonderful Hubby Guy! LOVE Him and would do anything for him!! We don't really do Valentines day... although I guess I  should make him a card as that's what I do lol!

I know Valentines Day can be a hard day for many... and our world does not really help with that at all.. making it SUCH a big thing that it's "IN YOUR FACE - all the time" Doesn't help those who have lost loved ones OR who long for a partner!! (BIG HUGS to you all!!!)

I pray that for those out there in need of love that you would know that God loves you so much he gave up his own son for you!!! If you want to know more about this or just have chat please feel free to contact me :D
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I just love this. I recently just started an art journal and i love it. Im just having such a hard time deciding on a medium. I dont like how any of my girls look. Guess it will take practice. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's day^_^
    Your card is fabulous my dear^_^
    Big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some love - I love to read your comments and to come and see your blogs too!
xxx