Tuesday 27 August 2013

Steampunk Taya on Canvas

Good morning! I have been colouring HEAPS lately... it's something I can easily do whilst sitting in the room looking out for my MIL lol... although sometimes I think the click of the lids annoys her as I take the lids on and off my markers :O Anyway I digress, came on to share a canvas of Taya... so here it is



I had a bit of fun in my respite time last week GETTING MESSY and creating this canvas... it's just a mini little one which makes it easy to get done ... I used some chipboard from All About Scrabooks - 2Crafty (the cogs) and a wing from Make it Crafty. I have done up a little video (OK still need to edit it before posting) on how I cut the Taya image and cog border out on my Silhouette. Will post it SOON!


Also last week I was experimenting with NEW colour combinations.. and after colouring up Taya's hair instagrammed my progress asking what colour to do her top.. I was surprised by the response and so many people were saying Green... I however liked the purple idea more (surprise, surprise) and so decided to try a green skirt instead ... The result is below... I'll post the colours later this week when I post up the finished creation :D Yes I WILL make her into a card :0


I liked the suggestion of mustard yellow and purple too.. so I started a second one :D  It's surprising really how the same image can look SO DIFFERENT depending on how you colour her.



I'm enjoying colouring my images with the "no lines" effect.. the images printed up lightly so you can't really see the "lineart" when they are coloured.. it really softens them although it's MUCH harder to colour! 

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great Tuesday!!

2 comments:

  1. Love the colouring, Sammi. Did the canvas use a lot of ink?? Did you have to refill?? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a wonderful canvas....I really like all the textures. Great colouring.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some love - I love to read your comments and to come and see your blogs too!
xxx