Sunday 15 December 2013

Day 3 :: Hark the Herald Angels Sing

Good evening! I'm a little later today with my posting... and no creation to share. We've just got home from our Church Christmas carols! It was a Great night :) Awesome talk by Dave on Jesus being the Light of the World. So I'm going with that theme for my posting today... Light!!

I love glitter and sparkles and light!! Isn't it fun to see the Christmas lights popping up at this time of the year... Although some go a little over the top sometimes (maybe) I am now going to look at Christmas lights and think about Jesus being the Light .. and as it says in this favourite carol (yup another fav) "Light and Life to all he Brings" - I'll give thanks for Light and Life in/ through him!!

Hark! the herald angels sing,
"Glory to the newborn King!"
Peace on earth, and mercy mild,
God and sinners reconciled
Joyful, all ye nations, rise,
Join the triumph of the skies;
With th' angelic host proclaim,
"Christ is born in Bethlehem."
Hark! the herald angels sing,
"Glory to the newborn King!"

Christ, by highest heav'n adored:
Christ, the everlasting Lord;
Late in time behold him come,
Offspring of the favored one.
Veil'd in flesh, the Godhead see;
Hail, th'incarnate Deity:
Pleased, as man, with men to dwell,
Jesus, our Emmanuel!
Hark! the herald angels sing,
"Glory to the newborn King!"

Hail! the heav'n born Prince of peace!
Hail! the Son of Righteousness!
Light and life to all he brings,
Risen with healing in his wings
Mild he lays his glory by,
Born that man no more may die:
Born to raise the sons of earth,
Born to give them second birth.
Hark! the herald angels sing,
"Glory to the newborn King!"

Oh .. what about a giveaway....  Lights, sparkle .... BLING!!!! I am going to give away a couple of packets of Bling from Flourish with a Bling to someone who comments below and tells me what they think about Christmas lights :)

3 comments:

  1. I do love this one too. I've been wondering about what "Late in time" means. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh also - I love Christmas lights. It was so nice to drive home today and see sparkles here and there. I'd love to string up fairy lights all through our hedges...if only I had the energy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
    With all the mist about I see
    Where the trees are hidden from sight
    But when all the Christmas lights are bright...

    I like the reminder that Christmas lights are to me of the Star that the Wise Men followed and its destination.... a reminder to seek the True Light of the World.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some love - I love to read your comments and to come and see your blogs too!
xxx