Saturday 7 June 2014

My saddest memory ...

When I set this topic I'm not sure what I was really thinking but I've thought about it a bit about the topic and there are a number of sad memories that come to mind...

  • The youngest lasting sad memory I remember is leaving Tumba, moving Orange at the age of 8. 


  • Most of my saddest memories are associated with family and friends dying, particularly an old school friend at 13, both my grandfathers and my uncle.


  • Realising that I could not cope with looking after my MIL and the day that we took her into Respite care (with us knowing that she was going in permanently).


  • I think that my saddest memories I have are finding out that those little lives we'd seen on the screen as tiny cells had not survived. We went through a few rounds of IVF in 2009 and 2010 and it was such a rollercoaster of a ride... great joy and great sadness.  It still makes me sad remembering the loss of these little ones. Wondering what they would have been like, what life would be like if they had lived. 
(also I'm a little sad we don't have ALL the pictures)

It is a great comfort to me in times of sadness knowing that God is in control
Job 1:21b (ESV) The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away;
blessed be the name of the 
LORD.”


If you would like to follow todays prompt then link up your "saddest moment" below....



   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   



1 comment:

  1. There's not much to say other than HUGS. And I am glad and proud to have you as a sister in Christ.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some love - I love to read your comments and to come and see your blogs too!
xxx